What is Zapier?
Zapier is one of the most popular workflow automation tools. It’s made up of triggers and actions: when something happens on one tool (like getting a new booking in YouCanBookMe, for example), it automatically makes something happen in another (like adding the booker’s details to a sales tool like Hubspot).
What makes it truly amazing is that it does all the heavy lifting for you. You don’t need to understand coding or be in the least bit tech-savvy. It has a very simple interface that walks you through the process of connecting the tools that you work with and automating the jobs you need to get done.
Pretty much any job you do that involves you taking information from one place and manually adding it to another is screaming out for Zapier.
Why use automation with online scheduling?
For a lot of different kinds of companies, their online scheduling tool is a primary intake point for much of the data they work with. It collects
And so much more!
Since so much business-critical information comes in via online scheduling, it makes sense to use a Zapier integration, using new or updated bookings as a trigger for the multiple actions that need to be performed on the back of each one. You can automatically
- Add contact details to your CRM
- Send a Slack message to colleagues
- Update a contact’s status in your marketing automation tool
- Add items to a to-do list
- Trigger an email in your email marketing tool
- Add information to your database
- Create a new project in your project management tool
How to connect Zapier and YouCanBookMe
YouCanBookMe’s Zapier integration triggers more than 166K zaps every month for companies of all sizes and in all sectors. It’s easy to get started.
1. Log into your YouCanBookMe account settings and navigate to the integrations page
2. Scroll down to ‘Integrate with additional services. Click Connect next to the Zapier logo.
3. If you are already logged into Zapier, it will auto-connect to your Zapier account. Otherwise, it will prompt you to login to your Zapier account.
4. You'll see a pop-up window with your Zapier API key and suggested Zaps with apps you are already using.
5. Copy your Zapier API key to use within Zapier.
6. In your Zapier account, you can go to My Apps and connect to your YouCanBookMe account using this API key.
You’re all set up. Now let’s take a look at some of the magic you can create with YouCanBookMe’s Zapier integration!
What can YCBM + Zapier do for your team
- YouCanBookMe integrates directly with Zoom, MS Teams, and Google Meet. But you can automate the process of setting up online meetings, even if you use a different tool. For example, Zapier can generate a GoToMeeting link when a new prospect books a demo. You can create a multi-step zap and it will take care of emailing the link to them as well.
- If you embed your YouCanBookMe booking page into your website, prospects can enter your sales funnel without leaving your site. And bookings can drop into your calendar 24/7. You can automatically transfer prospects’ information to other tools you use. Zapier can add a prospect’s contact details to your CRM or add them to an automated workflow in Hubspot.
- YouCanBookMe’s data export function can give you a good overview of the bookings you’ve taken. But when you’re analyzing quarterly numbers or assessing how you’re doing against quota, you probably need to combine booking info with other data from your team. Zapier can give you a real-time picture of how your team is performing by sending booking details to any spreadsheet, database, or sales management tool you’re using as they happen.
Offering online scheduling for interviews is a better experience for candidates and a productivity boost for you! You can keep that boost going a bit further by automating how you add candidate details to your ATS. When an applicant schedules their interview, Zapier can update their status on Greenhouse.
When an applicant schedules an interview, how do you let the interviewing team know about it so they can prepare? Zapier can send an alert to the correct people in Slack for each new booking.
Getting through the interviews and offering the candidate a job isn’t the end of the job. It’s the beginning of a whole new one of onboarding and training. Zapier can update a new hire’s status in BambooHR or create cards in Trello as they schedule training sessions and meetings.
Customer Support & Success Teams
Customer success is all about making sure customers are engaged in the solution, updated on the latest developments with the tool, and actively using their account. Scheduling regular meetings with managed accounts easily supports all three goals. Keeping track of which customer is where in the process is harder. Zapier can automatically update a customer’s status in your CRM, or it can look for a conversation in your support tool and add a comment or note.
Different stages in the customer lifecycle require different types of communication. When a customer schedules time to discuss life cycle milestones, Zapier can add them to the correct ActiveCampaign automation.
Sometimes, a customer issue requires a little extra support. Using conditional logic, Zapier can create an alert in Slack if the customer selects a specific appointment type when they schedule their meeting. Alert a manager or higher tier support so they can attend the meeting.
10 of the most popular zaps for YouCanBookMe users
Below are some of the Zapier apps most frequently created by YouCanBookMe users. Click on the link to access a template you can activate today. Why not try some out on your team?
- Log a new booking in Google Sheets
- Create or update ActiveCampaign contacts for new bookings
- Add or update Hubspot contacts for new bookings
- Send Slack messages about new bookings
- Add new bookings to MailChimp lists
- Create new Google Contacts from new bookings
- Create new GoToMeeting meetings from a new booking
- Create Trello cards from new bookings
- Create notes in Evernote from a new booking
- Update PipeDrive activity from a canceled booking
Here’s a list of the most popular YouCanBookMe integrations using Zapier. Download it now!